Running in the MLK Dream Run helps support the NNEBA Fellows Program and the NE Community Health Clinic while celebrating the revitalization of the Soul of Portland, located inner N/NE Portland, where the heart of creativity and community is hard at work!
The 5, 10 & 15K runs will take you through the charming and historic retail, residential and park scapes of the Soul District
- Provide a fun, unique, running event (USATF Sanctioned)
- Annual fundraiser for NNEBA's Youth Entrepreneurial Internship Program partnering youth interns ages 15-25 with local businesses and The NE Community Health Clinic – who provide free and low-cost health care to needy families.
- Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Vision for inspiring the world with his “I Have a Dream” speech delivered in Washington DC August 1963, during the march for jobs and equality. 2013 marks the 50th anniversary of the “I Have A Dream” speech
- Promote health, social and economic equity for all
- Celebrating the economic revitalization of MLK Jr. Blvd Corridor and the N/NE Portland Soul District Community
- Generate foot traffic in NE Portland Business District, promoting awareness and business activity to the districts over 5,000 businesses, 58,000 residents and 11 neighborhoods
- Engage businesses to participate directly and creatively in the event for community unity
- Assist in the fulfillment of the city’s official “ Economic Development Strategy” in particular its goals around “small business support and neighborhood vitality” as well as “drive urban innovation” while supporting the “ athletic and outdoor” appeal of the region to manufacturers.
- Establish the MLK Dream Run as an annual event that is recognized locally, regionally and nationally for its tribute to economic and social equity
Chief Dream Run Leader (Race Director)
- Brian Watson, NNEBA MLK Dream Run Board Chair
Chief Run Ralliers (Sales and Marketing)
- Fawn Aberson, Executive Director Flossin Media
- John Washington CEO of Flossin Media
Chief Course Marshall (Race Referee)
- Lamar Tillman, Planned Parenthood
- Joice Taylor CEO Global Management Strategies
- Jonathan Marcus, Regional Grassroots Marketing Representative Roadrunner Sports
About North/Northeast Business Association (NNEBA)
Since 1975, the North/Northeast Business Association (NNEBA) has promoted economic and business interests in inner northeast Portland and works with public and private entities to identify, promote and implement many positive changes in the area. NNEBA is the voice for 5,000 businesses in N/NE Portland, the majority of which are located on the streets parallel and intersecting NE Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. For more information on becoming a part of or working with NNEBA click here www.NNEBAportland.org